Thankful for the little things......


Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Katia's Loss

I have always loved to watch figure ice skating. I consider it the
'greatest of the greats' when it comes to the olympics.
It's SO graceful....It exudes trust,confidence and discipline.
And the MUSIC...!..!

I remember being moved by the story of Katia and Sergei
years back. A big 'aaawww, how sad' was on every ones lips
at the news of Sergei's unexpected death. Such a tragedy!
I am a romantic I guess, but I just love their story. It's so
touching and real. The fact that I have a beautiful
daughter from Russia makes me even more drawn.
When I see them in Red Square in Moscow, it's
exciting, because I was THERE--right in front of the
stunning St. Peters Basilica! Oh my...who would have
ever dreamed that I would be blessed in such an
inconceivable way!
Anyhow, a friend resurfaced their story for me this morning,
and I thought it worthy enough to post a few videos that I
hope you will find interesting and moving.

It's a reminder of the fact that we have no promise
of tomorrow. Live, Laugh, and LOVE...while we can!

No comments:

Post a Comment