Thankful for the little things......


Pages

Monday, January 12, 2009

Wanna Walk With Me?














Well, I did it! I went for my first walk for the new year.
I don't know where you may be, but where I am it is a
gorgeous day today. It's not too cold, not too hot --and
if I may borrow a line from Goldilocks...'it's juusst right'.

For those of you who do not know it, I have put on a few pounds
in the last few years. OK, I'll put it out there for you, the
heartbreaking, disgusting, bitter TRUTH--it's more than just
a few. How bout' 50, BIG s.h.r.i.e.k ....x*%$#!!! Yep, go ahead
and process that for a minute, and if you have not seen me in
person try to 'picture it'. sigh.....and OMGoodness!!

Lets see....what can I blame it on...? STRESS....hysterectomy,
medication, depression, fear, anxiety, uhmmm....
I do believe in all honesty, that these things were large
contributing factors but totally responsible? NAAHH....
It's called a complete lack of self discipline, terrible
eating habits and no exercise. I can't tell you how many
bags (large) of almond m&ms and (double stuffed)
oreos I consumed! The number 4's from micky ds,
the extra long coney dogs with tater tots SONIC SIZED,
whole pizza's (YEP, that's right) were innumerable!

Well, guess what? GAME OVER
I have had enough! I'm sad to tell you that at one
point prior to all 'you know what' breaking out in
my life I walked sometimes 3 miles a day.
It's probably needless to say, that today, after walking
10 brisk minutes, I was zapped!

I brought Chelsi with me. I think she enjoyed it
very much. I noticed something though...at
first I had given her too much slack in the leash
and she was 'all over the place'. I found myself
switching hands every few seconds while she
went from left to right and IM-BETWEEN trying
to explore everything she could all at once!
It was really slowing me down!
Well, it didn't take but a couple minutes for me to
realize that I needed to shorten the leash. DUHH...
After reigning her in to about a 3 ft distance and pulling
up slightly on the leash she walked in a straight line,
straight ahead, totally along side me! GO FIGURE.
Who needed the guidance? ME!

Once, I reigned her in we walked in harmony -
in 'alignment' with each other...
It hit me, as we were walking, that it works that way
in our lives as well. When we are not in complete
alignment with God and His Word, WE are 'all over
the place'!



I commit myself today to strive to walk in 'alignment
with Jesus'...abiding in him as he abides in me...
How about you?
Wanna walk with me?

...forgetting those things
which are behind, and reaching
forth unto those things which
are before, I press toward the
mark for the prize of the
high calling of God...
Phil. 4:13-14

Lets JUST DO IT! :)

Thanks to my sweetheart for taking the pics!
GREAT JOB HONEY


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on walking. I have gained a lot of weight over the years and have lost about 60 since May. It is hard work but you sound like you are a strong and determined person. I will check back often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow good for you! I know it's gonna
    take some time. I am trying to pace myself! So happy that you like
    the blog :)

    ReplyDelete